dimanche 23 février 2014

Native oatmeal carrot baby

I'm "dieting" and have reactive hypoglycemia (if your blood glucose gets to spiked you crash harder...very hard like sweating bullets, shake, and possibly pass out) so I made protein bars. I made breakfast cookies which were supposed to be the tasty version for my chéri since the protein bars taste like a memory foam mattress.

He didn't like them! I blame myself. I met him when he was eating Gerblé biscuits dietiques...which I did crave...if I was very hungry. I convinced him we should buy Belvita (since this is what I forked over too much money to buy in a machine at work if I forgot my food). Now he has gone to LU Granola chocolate covered cookies. Most "health" or "diet" things cannot compete with Snickers bars, chocolate-covered cookies, et des pains au chocolats!

Good for me, at least, because these breakfast cookies are delishhhh. It is like an oatmeal cookie and a carrot cake had a baby.

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/breakfast-cookies-recipe.html

I used regular brown sugar (found in bio stores), used quatre epices instead of cinnamon (ran out) and muscade (didn't feel like grating 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg), replaced the baby food (What Ellie Krieger?) with a shredded carrot, omitted bran cereal flakes (no have) and walnuts.

10 min to be sure not to overcook at 180°C

I love them, but I guess they are for people who appreciate less sugary and somewhat spiced (cinnamon, nutmeg) baked goods...so basically elderly people. ;)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire